-Constitution of the United States
Four score and one week ago we celebrated our day of independence. We, as a free family in this United States of America, CHOSE to first celebrate with our ward family followed by a soiree with some fab friends.
Our ward met at Warm Springs, this however is not the same Warm Springs that I remember from my youth, the location has remained the same but the experience has been lost. No longer can you flail through the air on the tattered rope, dive recklessly from the rocks or in the case of my brother in-law, tease "somebody has to save me first" when our cousin was barely treading water and he thought we were messing with him. Yep, those days are gone and new memories are now shut off by a towering black metal gate that will allow no more. We WERE allowed, on this day,to swim in the cement pool. The slide-CLOSED. Big surprise. Thank goodness for friends, that is what made it all worthwhile. The ward supplied hamburgers and hot dogs, Jason made homemade root beer. We sang a few patriotic songs and Bishop Eddie gave a short inspirational talk. Ward parties are great fun and it gives you the opportunity to get to know people outside of Sunday meetings. I give it a thumbs up!
Our next stop was the P.P.P (Pisciotta Party Palace). There we gathered for some BBQ, games and fireworks. Everyone swam and played, Donald grilled up enough meat to feed a small village and we barely made it home with the hair on our heads after a few misguided fireworks(well except for Ryan or was it already gone?). We really enjoyed a great time-thanks everyone!
A seemingly innocent game of basketball gets WAY out of hand.........
somebody's going down....







6 comments:
Looks like you have been a busy little bee! I'm a loser - I didn't take any pics of the 4th this year!
That picture is too much!
sweet party pad! looks like ya'll really know how to party. we should have stayed in town, pretty sure we would have faired MUCH better.
Whew , sounds like you guys had a fun 4th. I am still laughing about the warm springs incident. I wont mention any names but who was the one drowning again? For some reason I cant remember. I love the old warm springs so much better. those were the days.
I think it was Mikey.
WOW...I haven't seen Donald since high school, tell him "HI" from me.
Looks like you guys had a smokin' hot 4th of July par-tay!
Post a Comment