HOMEWORK MELTDOWN
*DRAWING: not my forte. There I said it. The horror of it is the fact that I willingly PAID and signed up for a class called Design Drawing. Really, what did I expect. The reality is no longer floating around in my brain juice, it has dug it's ugly claw into the tissue. One point perspective, vanishing point, horizon line= foreign language to me. I will however not give up (though it has crossed my mind) if I want the degree this class is REQUIRED. Lucky for me the teacher is pretty cool and though my drawings won't be perfect, they will be my best! (thinking positive)
*5th GRADE: Lauren is K-I-L-L-I-N-G me with her homework. I can say that because I can literally feel my blood pressure rising with the insanity. Regular homework + one page report weekly on given topic + choice of 1 out of 5 homework options which include mini projects or writing a letter to a historical person or a powerpoint on a particular subject + once a month book reports. Why is it KILLING me?? Who has to keep a thumb on her and help when help is needed and listen to the whining (like you're doing right now)? Yep, that's me! Super dreading Jr. high- it only gets worse...........
*THE CHAIR: I have to design and build a chair. Fine, so I design a chair- no biggie. Now I have to build it? At least 12" tall. Great, going to have loads of fun with that!!
So I just had a really long day at school and DANG IT there's just comes a time when I have to get it all out there!!
4 comments:
well I guess that's what you get for being all cool and stuff and going to school! to be a designer no less! can't wait to see the chair...does it HAVE to support weight??????
also, who is Laurens teacher so I can be sure to avoid him like the plague next year??????
Good luck with all the homework. I too think it's so cool that you're in school. I took one interior design class back in the day and loved it. I'd love to go back to school and study some type of art someday. I so wish I was at the DM concert with you. Back in high school I remember dreaming one night that Dave Gahan was my boyfriend- ha!
Yes, I have to agree. Man I am not looking forward to 5th grade. Jake has enough as it is. Good luck and you are so talented that you will do awesome!!!
I am loving the title of this post because it's EXACTLY how I feel everyday after school when homework time begins - I feel all life being sucked out of me as we sit down and do 5th grade and 3rd grade homework every night. I can't imagine having my OWN homework to do on top of that! You go girl, good luck on the chair.
Post a Comment