-Met Clinton Kelley from "What Not to Wear" and yes he is just as fabulous in person as he is on the show. He signed our book and told me he liked my "cute little jeans" -pretty much made my day or week for that matter! Best part is his book is very informative and quite hilarious.....
Me, Lauren, Shelby and Clinton
Clinton and I
Lauren and Shelby promoting his book
-For career week at school Lauren's class held a mini job fair in which each of the students had to choose a career they would like and find out about it; schooling, salary etc. Lauren chose to be a hairstylist and did the research to create this cute board. Other classes in the school came around and they had to talk to them about the career they had chosen.

-That same day(April 28) was also Lauren's 11th birthday. She had me bring Krispy Kreme donuts to her class for her birthday treat. After school she got to open all her presents. Then Grandma Nelson came over and took her shopping at Justice. After that Lauren chose Red Robin for her birthday dinner and I even let her order an Oreo milkshake!

-Mother's Day was a great day. I wish the kids acted this good every day!! Jace just kept asking me if there was anything he could do to help me. I got lots of cute things that they made at church and school, plus the new wallet I pointed out to them at Target that I wanted. My family came over for dinner that night and the guys took care of all the food and even washed the dishes.
-Alas, spring 2010 semester is over. It was a quite pleasant semester and got through it with not a single meltdown. I took CADD100 and Art107. These are my final projects:
CADD100- upper pic has furniture layout/ lower pic has dimensions
this is the final look with both on a template
BTW for those of you who don't know this is drafting but on the computer. Like it much better than hand drafting!!

I did two finals for my art class, not that I had to but because in case the teacher didn't like one of them she could grade me on the other- I know I'm crazy....just deal!
So this one above was my back up. I named it "He Loves Me" because it looks manly but like a flower with petals. The irony however is that there are two petals left and since it's name is He Loves Me and after picking the petal there will still be one left which means when all is said and done- He Loves Me Not. Yea bet you saw that coming!! Notice the use of complementary colors, illusion of depth in space, rhythm etc.....
This is my original final. I call it "Time Flies" because taping off all of those lines and waiting for the paint to dry in between took FOREVER!! Plus there's that cute little bird. I used complementary colors, rotation, curvilinear lines and I can't even remember what else..... The good news is that I got A's in both classes!!!

-Went to a Stars, I mean 51's baseball game. Had a great time- Jace even caught a foul ball!!

-Last but not least our little Jace turned 9 on May 20th. I brought him KFC for lunch at school then brought Drumstick ice creams for him to share with his class. After school he got to open his presents and Jason surprised him with a BBgun- without consulting me of course.






3 comments:
That's quite a post. I feel completely caught up with the Robb family. Love your mothers day picture of you with your kid. Yay for school being done!
how cool you met mr. Kelly!
as usual, you have way too much fun! and yes the Hobo outfit....it was delightful!
oh, and congrats on the A's!!!
I love Clinton Kelley. How fun to get to meet him. Your life is so cool.
Post a Comment