Friday, April 15, 2011

Hey baby it's cold outside.....

.....or better yet, I should say FREEZING!! The weekend of February 18th, we took a little drive to Cedar City to enjoy some peace and quiet. We stayed at Jason's dad's place in town rather than up at our cabin- just in case it snowed we didn't want to get stuck up there.

Well it snowed all right! This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning.


Jace was persistent in his endeavor to go sledding. The cardboard box, however, did not help him fulfill that dream. He scooted himself a foot or two then graciously gave up.


 The kids ran around in the snow covered field- while Jason and I sat in the car with the seat heaters on. Sometimes being old and comfortable is no fun!!

 CAL Ranch had these adorable baby chicks for sale.

 Try #2- maybe the top of the trash can will prove to be a better sled..... umm NOPE!

 On the way home we stopped at the Cedar Pocket exit-
 I love the snow dusted across the desert and mountains.



On February 28th there was no school!!! (well the kids were happy anyway) So we celebrated at Crystal Palace Skating Center- the Skate of the Art (go ahead and sing it, cause I know you know it)
 Jace tearing up the roller rink

 Lauren, Ava and Tiff

 Jace, Clark and Jake

The cousins having fun...

3 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Love the trash can lid for a sled!;)

Jen Reil said...

Ha ha, I now have the Crystal Palace song in my head =).

Steph said...

i love the snow dusted across the desert too. always a favorite. Jace is a crack up. Always inventing something.