We interrupt spring break coverage to bring you breaking news from last week. It seems the week of May 16th - 22nd had something to prove, a need to be remembered. It all started on Tuesday when Jace received his Bear award in Cub Scouts, he is now officially a Webelo. Jason accepted the pin for me since I had school that night, though I'd have rather been there!
A lot of stress came before Thursday night decided to show up. It was the night I would be presenting my final project- not just for the semester but FOREVER!! (in my school career anyway). Of course there were a few bumps in the road, like a flashdrive with my 3D drawings on it getting stolen, but luckily I had a few hard copies of my perspectives I was able to use. In the end I thought it turned out pretty good! Now if only I didn't have those pesky "general ed" classes to take.......

The assignment was to design a retail store based on a popular brand. I chose the Fossil brand for my design. Above is the floorplan I did in CAD along with the reflected ceiling plan. Instead of using foamboard this time, I decided to buy a sheet of wood paneling and have it cut, then I stained it. My favorite part is the title on the side- it's hard to tell in the pic but it's on a piece of steel.
Store front and materials
This board has two perspectives and materials. The store concept is 1940's factory/ industrial.
Wood, brick, metal, leather, a prop plane, gears that run the fans above.........
Some elevations and lighting, furniture etc.
The sunglasses would be displayed on old wooden plane props.....
And by the way I got A's in both my classes!
He even got an award!
Jace's performance- just pause the music if you'd like to watch...
Then there's Ms. Lauren. She was determined to make the cheer squad at her school this year. They got to try out in groups of three, so her and her friends Shelby and Sydney tried out together. They had practice all week and had to learn a cheer, chant, dance, kickline and tumbling. Then on Saturday it was time to try out...... ![]() |
| Shelby, Lauren and Sydney all sassy right before tryouts |
![]() |
| waiting patiently for the results....... |
LAUREN MADE IT!!!!!
In fact all three of them made it so it will be fun for them to cheer together!
So , yes, last week was a little crazy! I don't think my stomach fully settled until Monday. Nerves, worry and stress filled up our life but was replaced with success, joy and applause. We all were able to succeed with a little bit of hard work and perseverance. We accomplished all of that plus celebrated Jace's birthday on Friday and Jason's birthday on Sunday (I will post about that later)
WHEW!!










2 comments:
Congrats to all of you- school project, cheer squad, bear cub, birthdays! This week is our crazy busy week, but it will be over by next Monday- tee hee!
Congratulations to you all for surviving it all! We sure love you and enjoyed our time with you over Memorial Day!
Post a Comment