Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Week called "CRAZY"

LAST WEEK
was one of those weeks when everything tumbles into one big ball of crazy. There is fun, sad, scary and new all rolled up like a tangled ball of yarn.

It all started early Monday morning as we saw Jace off on his big 5th grade G.A.T.E adventure to Sea Camp. He was excited, while I was a bit nervous.....
I mean who better than I to keep a secure eye on him while he explores the vast creature filled ocean....
I know.
He returned home Wednesday night in one piece with irreplaceable memories.

Jace boarding the bus for Sea Camp

 Then we sold our car on Tuesday.... MY car
I may have shed a tear.
But it was all my idea and I'm happy to be free of a car payment.
If I had to compare my BMW to a celebrity I would say Pierce Brosnan-
sexy, distinguished, smooth, and refined
I will miss it.


Saturday morning Jason took a flight to California and drove our new 2004 Land Rover Discovery home-
 We had been looking for a few months... we wanted white, it had to have the jumper seats in the back, and it had to be the right price.
Jason can tell you about his adventure: arriving at the Burbank airport, taking a cab which seemed to just be an ordinary car, and his time at Wells Fargo in a not so great neighborhood.

It is definitely a different driving experience- a girl can get spoiled you know
If I were to compare the Land Rover to a celebrity I would say Bear Grylls-
rugged, adventurous, daring, and gritty.
I will get used to it. No payment makes me smile.


Then there was Friday-
Spent ALL day at the hospital. I had an angiogram done to peek at my heart, which is why I didn't accompany Jason to California. I have had valvioplasty(balloon procedure) done three times in the past. Same idea. Still do not enjoy it. Laying with your leg straight for six hours-
little uncomfortable.
never so happy to bend.
Haven't got official results yet, but pretty much aorta valve replacement is on the table. Used to be one day I would have it..... looks like it is now which day will I have it. Not fun, but necessary.

Anyway that was my crazy week- lots rolled up into one.

THE END!!

3 comments:

Carol said...

what in frijoles????????? woman!!!! i think it should be a law to contact your VT (especially when she's also a friend!) when you are in the hospital!!! sheesh...i can't believe you, and i can't believe what a secret keeper you are. I really hope you are ok and let us KNOW when we can help you! You're gonna hear from me!

Jen Reil said...

Good luck with the valve replacement. You'll be in our prayers!

Heidi said...

I have lots of crazy weeks, but none of mine ever end with me in the hospital - yikes! I hope they get you fixed up right - valve replacement does not sound fun :(