Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Driven by my Beating Heart....

It all seemed so simple, like it was someone else. Surgery was necessary and therefore must be done.But there was a glitch; it was not someone else, it was me and every time i realized that fact again, I felt the surge of panic regurgitate upward, inside my soul. My body felt healthy but a machine and a screen begged to differ. So I gave in. I had the Ross Procedure. This is my story.....

The Day Before...
August 9, 2012

The plane descended into Tucson, finally coming to a halt at the gate. Jason, myself, the kids, and my parents exited into the airport, then emerged into the Tucson heat. While Jason and I went to my pre-op check in, my parents and the kids checked out the hotel. Afterwards we drove the streets of Tucson and ultimately ended up at Trail Dust Town and had dinner at Pinnacle Peak Steaks. While there we watched a old west gun show, walked the streets of the old town, checked out some shops, and Jason and Jace went on the train ride.


For dinner I ordered the ribs. While I was eating Jason asked "how are your ribs?" My dad replied, "Ask her that tomorrow!" We all got a good chuckle out of that. Probably not the best idea to order up some tasty BBQ ribs the night before you are going to have yours cracked open......









That night Jason and my dad gave me a priesthood blessing. I was going to be OK. I didn't sleep much that night, just tossed and turned; but that made it easy to get up and be at the hospital by 5:45am.....

1 comment:

Jen Reil said...

I can't wait to read the rest of the story, but it seems everything went well! I'm so glad and hope your recovery continues to go smoothly!