Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Disneyland

October 2012

With our annual passes expiring on October 21st it was imperative that we make one last trip to our favorite place. There was the new Cars Land to explore, redesigned Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle in California Adventure to admire, and, of course, all of the old classics to revisit.


Our first stop was Cars Land. The attention to detail was amazing! We rode the new rides and lucked out not having to wait too long to ride Radiator Springs Racers. We made a special trip back at night just to see it lit up with the glowing neon lights.






Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle were equally impressive with their Art Deco and Mission style architecture. We even bumped into Walt Disney and Mickey there. The Red Car Trolleys are also a new addition and these vintage reproductions are the perfect way to get to Hollywood Blvd. in style...









The rest of our vacation was filled with classic photos in front of the Ferris Wheel, visits with Mickey and Goofy, yummy churros and mint juleps, silly Toy Story glasses and a whole lot more!! I was worried that I wouldn't have the strength and energy to walk around as much as we did since I was only 10 weeks post op when we went. I was sure I would need to rent me a wheelchair- but I made it!! It helped that I couldn't ride the roller coasters, that way I was able to sit and rest while Jason and the kids rode them. I am sad that we won't be going back for awhile..... their price hike took us out of the running for annual passes. However, that won't keep us away forever!!  

















THE END!!

No comments: