Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like......


Christmas!!!!

A tree has taken root in our living room for the holiday season. Lauren and Jace  worked like elves to make it sparkle and shine. Lauren even added a personal touch to the tree with a photo of One Direction.... and yes I allowed it to stay.







Every year we design a gingerbread house. This year I thought that if I didn't mention it nobody would mind and we could skip it. Not the case. Jace called me out on it and before long there was sugary frosting, a rainbow of candy, and pre-made gingerbread scattered on our countertop. As usual it was delightful! There is just something about a candy house, I believe every child has dreamed of living in one. I can still recall dreaming of sugar coated walls adorned with candy after having read Hansel and Gretel. As a child it seemed like the perfect place to live, colorful sweets and fluffy treats at every fingertip, then I grew up and became practical. Of course gingerbread walls wouldn't keep the rain out and candy cane chairs were bound to attract ants, not to mention the dentist bill and sugar diabetes. Oh, to be young and naive again and believe in those sugar plums that danced in my head........




and as a true 1D fan would, Lauren "tagged" on the back of the gingerbread house.....


No comments: