Friday, March 22, 2013

Tonight, We Are Young.....

New Year's Eve.
It had become a mundane lackluster holiday in my life. Sipping bubbly poured from a chilled bottle of Martinelli's while a contrived TV countdown glared mocking me (for it knew I sat like a lump watching) was what this holiday had deteriorated to..
OK so maybe New Year's hasn't been that bad, but I can't say it has been all that memorable either. It becomes one of those EXPECTATIONS vs. REALITY scenarios. The hype is out there, you like to have fun, you want to do something but the day comes and BLAH- you've got nothing. 
So this year we decided that maybe some EFFORT was in order. We convinced our friends Scott & Leana to put on an 80's dance party with us to ring in the New Year. I went punk, mohawk and all, while Jason went with his classic Devo look. Lights flashed to the music that covered everything from Madonna to A-Ha and The Cure to Technotronic. The crowd was a little thin- turns out that there are people who actually prefer to sit on the sofa come New Year's Eve. Not me. I am still young (kinda), I can set the world on fire (or at least a spark),  I can burn brighter than the sun (that part is true). That night we had fun.... and nobody had to carry me home (though I know they would have). Next year there will be less effort, I am sure of it, but as they say- the party must go on.....





Scott & Leana


Justin & Stephanie

Travis & Christa


Heather, Steph & Steph


Jim & Kirsten

Donald & Angie



There was one thing that felt like falling down by night's end.......
mohawk spike #3

No comments: