Sunday, December 22, 2013

Back to School

I am positive that there is a massive black hole sucking time, pulling in the years faster than I can live them. I try to be present, to live in each moment, but time has wings and isn't afraid to fly. 

I can hardly fathom that my little blonde kindergartner, who profusely refused to go to class on her first day by running across the kindergarten playground and clinging to the chain link fence in protest until the principal was kind enough to lure her into the classroom, is a FRESHMAN at Legacy High School. This year she is on the J.V. Cheer team, a representative for Student Council, has choir as an elective, and is taking A.P. classes. 




My little dude is growing up way too fast. When he was little he had these cute track pants- the kind with the lines down the side. He called them his "fast pants" and believed that they made him run super fast. He would run around like crazy and show everyone how fast he could run. I feel like time has pulled on it's own version of "fast pants" zipping by as Jace starts 7th grade this year. It is a nice comfy grade to be in, as he is the middle man on campus. He has all accelerated classes and is taking Intro. to Media as his elective. 



No comments: