June 14- 21, 2014
Jason and Jace got to experience a full week at Forest Lawn Scout Reservation a.k.a. Camp Arrowhead in Big Bear, California. Obviously I wasn't there but here are a few of the things I heard about:
- Jace did Polar Bear- where you get up early and freeze in the pool and flail around in a mini pool of ice water
- Jace loved getting the canoeing merit badge, they even had to tip the canoe on purpose
- Rock climbing/rappelling was top of the list
- Camp started early Monday morning, so they drove up the Saturday prior to and went to church at the ward up there on Sunday. And yes, that is Jace with his church clothes and hiking boots!
- Jason loves this camp because the tents are provided and there's a mess hall that serves all the meals= no cooking!
- On the last night there a big brown bear was snooping through their campsite. I would have fled immediately, but they shooed it away and carried on.
I'm glad that Jace got to attend a great camp with a great troop and that Jason was able to go along with him (even if it was like his 17th year as a leader at scout camp). I'm positive they all made memories and learned skills that will last a lifetime.
![]() |
| Jace's side of the tent |
![]() |
| Joseph, Jace, Erick, and Kaden |
























No comments:
Post a Comment