Last Saturday we headed
over the hump to
Pahrump for my cousin Rachel's son, D.C.'s birthday party at the fabulous Skate Zone. If you have never been honored with making the drive to Pahrump don't feel saddened because you haven't missed a thing(unless you think the Chicken Ranch is someplace you'd like to check out). Let's just say the city has no master plan, buildings are just here and there with no landscaping to speak of. It makes you thirsty just driving through- nothing is green, just dirt and rocks, if a tumble weed started to blow you'd instinctively look to see if there was a dead cow's skull behind it. I keep telling Rachel she needs to move back here, maybe someday. Anyway my post is supposed to be about the party. At Skate Zone they have Laser Tag, so Lauren, Jace, Jake and Clark(their cousins who came with) played that for awhile, then it was time to skate. We've been to Crystal Palace before so Lauren did O.K. but the 3 boys were hilarious! The guy working there told them to walk in their skates like a penguin, which did help, but they were still falling all over the place. There were no major bruises to speak of and everyone had a fun time. Thanks for the invite Rachel.


Steph trying to help the boys!

Go Lauren Go!

- I really don't know what's going on here- maybe it's my cooking- but another tooth has escaped the mouth of Jace. This time it was the other front tooth. He's officially unable to bite into an apple. He looks super cute though!
-Forgot to mention that I started back to school too. So far so good. I'm taking Methods and Materials and History of Furniture I. Maybe someday all this info will be useful.
-On Monday when it rained Lauren went outside and saw a rainbow so she called everyone out to look at it. Jace must of been mesmerized because he walked right into the pool- fully dressed. Wish I'd have had my camera for that one!
-Since the kids had so much fun skating they asked to go to Crystal Palace again. It's a lot more fun with friends so anyone who wants to come next Tuesday it starts at 6:30pm. Tuesday is their family night so a family of four can skate for $12 or $20 with a pizza and drinks. Additional family members are $8each, but I say if you have 6 just go as 2 separate families. Hope to see some of you there Tuesday the 16th.
12 comments:
How cute! I can't believe Jace fell into the pool. You could have totally won on Funniest Home Videos. Your kids are so cute.
The above comment was from me...sorry!
How fun! Anyone who grew up in Vegas has to have memories of Crystal Palace. My sister kicked butt at limbo every time.
I think it's awesome that you are in school. I always told myself that I would do something like that when ALL my kids are finally in school! Let me know how it goes...
I've never been fortunate enough to drive out to Pahrump, but you described it so well now I feel like I have!
That's too funny that Jace walked right into the pool - I bet that was hilarious.
Good luck in school--History of Furniture sounds intriguing!
Oh, Crystal Palace memories. I love your description of Pahrump.
I've had to make a few court appearances in court out there in Pahrump. It is crazy. There is no security. People just walk right into the courtroom with pistols on their hips. I thought I wasn't going to make it back! --Andrew
can i get gross!!!! you know how you dont realize something until you see it in an picture? Yeah, didn't realize i was that FAT. Yuck. If that doesnt put me on a diet i dont know what will. Funny about Jace falling in the pool. Crazy kid. We might have to take you up on Crystal Palace. The boys have been wanting to skate again. love, me
I love roller skating, but I have not done it forever. I laughed out loud reading about Jace. That had to be so funny to see and probably a shock to him.
How funny that you were at the same Dr today - it was only my 2nd time there but I liked the doctor too and I love that it's so close and no waiting. Unfortunately both boys have infections and on antibiotics - hopefully they're better in a few days....
the hump to Pahrump! love it. sadly, i neva been there. sounds like i'm missin' out fer sure!
so i noticed that little Mary Higgens Clark book on yer shelf over there...something you own????? something you wanna lend out?????
I've never been to Pahrump but Brad seems to go quite a bit for work. Should I be worried?!
Jace looks like a mini Jason. Oh - I left you a comment on my last post Chandra!
You guys always have so much fun--I love it!
Hilarious about Jace! That'll be a great story to the tell his future girlfriends ;)
Post a Comment