Alright here it goes.....
Wednesday Jason had the opportunity to participate in the Richard Petty Experience at the race track. He did the EOL or Experience of a Lifetime package which allowed them to have three , 10 lap periods, and in between they learned pointers to help them be a little more successful. His top speed was 144mph, glad I didn't do the ride along,they'd of had to pull my fingers out of the dash like in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Jason had a great time and we went out to see him but only made it in time for his last two laps because Lauren had dance. I didn't get any good pics but you get the idea.
Old School trivia: Where was this train when we were growing up and what did it always smell like?
Lauren's class went on a field trip to the Heritage Museum on Thursday and I was lucky enough to experience that with her. I have to say for a town with little history it was a pretty cool little museum. I liked the little houses the best. I had that cute little group of kids up above(hope nobody minds their kids on my blog) they are such good observant students.
An old jail- looks like these girls a going in for questioning!
Lauren in a stick tee pee
Wednesday Jason had the opportunity to participate in the Richard Petty Experience at the race track. He did the EOL or Experience of a Lifetime package which allowed them to have three , 10 lap periods, and in between they learned pointers to help them be a little more successful. His top speed was 144mph, glad I didn't do the ride along,they'd of had to pull my fingers out of the dash like in Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Jason had a great time and we went out to see him but only made it in time for his last two laps because Lauren had dance. I didn't get any good pics but you get the idea.
Old School trivia: Where was this train when we were growing up and what did it always smell like?
Lauren's class went on a field trip to the Heritage Museum on Thursday and I was lucky enough to experience that with her. I have to say for a town with little history it was a pretty cool little museum. I liked the little houses the best. I had that cute little group of kids up above(hope nobody minds their kids on my blog) they are such good observant students.
An old jail- looks like these girls a going in for questioning!
Lauren in a stick tee peeSaturday night we has our ward Halloween party and it was FABULOUS!!
Jason and I were 80's rejects(my beehive fell by the end of the night)



8 comments:
Jason broke out the Divo hat! Oh no he dint!!! Sweet costumes.
As for the trivia:
The train was at Lion's Park (OK, I can't remember the real name, but it was by Lion's Park Little League fields--we used to play and roller skate there) and it smelled like a mixture of urine and curl activator. Good times!
--Andrew
144mph...thats every guys dream, at least a Nascar fan's dream. How Cool! David would love to have this experience. And Jason totally looks like a professional driver.
Love the pics...ya'll look great in your Halloween get'ups!
Love the Halloween costumes!
Hello Andrew! Fantasy Park! That old train always smelled like engine oil to me, mixed with urine from the homeless people living in the park. Our kids would be so jealous if they knew we used to play inside the train and not just look at it!
Leslie--yes, it smelled like oil--curl activator oil. And urine!
They dressed the train up for Halloween. We went there for Clark's birthday. It was fun trick or treating. Larry's buddy from work decks it all out in Halloween get-up. Let's get on the Disneyland pics. Hope you had fun.
Good job! Leslie you were right with Fantasy Park. Remember that one part of the park that was sunken down and was sort of like an Indian Village. I do remember rolling skating there too. I don't know if the park was that big but it felt huge as a kid. Yes that was the urine/grease smell that permiated the air.
Are you talking about 'the dome' between Fantasy Park & the Boxing Gym that used to be there? I loved that park, urine smell and all! I remember ice blocking down the big hill and trying to avoid the bums sleeping on the hill! I KNOW Jason remembers ice blocking!
Post a Comment