Sunday, January 18, 2009

New's Worthy?

Is it really 2009? It seems like only yesterday I was living in the olden days of the 1900's. Well I guess there's no use in complaining about how fast time has gone since there is absolutely nothing I personally can do to change it. I can, however realize how time flies and stop rushing through life and take time to cherish every moment however mundane it may be. I'm not a resolution setter I just get things accomplished when I finally get motivated to do something. This past week I did get motivated and check out the results.......



I am officially a domesticated woman because I have finished my first sewing project. I bought the fabric for these drapes clear back in July and I finally got up the ambition to get 'em done. I have to say they weren't too bad to do and they turned out pretty good(just don't inspect them too closely).



A couple of Saturday's ago we went to...



High School Musical on Ice. I got free tickets but Jason opted out so Lauren invited her friend Shelby to join us. It was a pretty good show but I felt bad because the place was half empty.

There's really not much else to speak of going on in our neck of the woods. Just back to our normal lives and routines after track break and Christmas break- back to complaining about homework and rushing around around in the morning to get ready for school and most importantly back to my 6 hours of freedom which isn't always what it's cracked up to be- it can get too quiet sometimes. Who am I kidding it's wonderful!! O.K it can be a little lonely sometimes, I mean only having to clean up after yourself and shopping with no begging or crying to go. It's obvious I'm torn, so I'll just end my inner struggle now.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

Your drapes look amazing! Good job! I want you to look at my bedroom sometime. I not sure what to do up there. We have venetian plaster, so anything I do will be permanent.

Carol said...

nice drapes...way to get something done!

i just don't know how you do it...hours a day without a kid in sight. must be sooooo dull. no melt downs at the restaurants, no begging for everything in sight, no fighting and screaming...ahhhhhhhhh...soooo boring!

Heidi said...

6 hours of freedom every day - how do you stand it? Maybe I could drop off my youngest two one day to liven things up for ya!!
Love the drapes though - way to go!!

Heather said...

You did a great job...the drapes look good! I'm not sure if I could take on a project that big and have it look that good.

And I know what you mean...no kids during the day. Well, I'm only kid-less for 2 1/2 hours a day, but still its wonderful! Lots of me time!

Jason & Claire said...

I think they look great. Good for you getting stuff done. That last part cracked me up.

Brad and Leslie said...

I love the drapes! I can relate to the 6 hour days, at least on Fridays. I finally have a day off all to myself and I love it! Now, if I only had a sewing machine....

Gary and Michelle said...

So should we start a support group for all the lonely mothers out there? I think I'll love it for the first week and then freak out. I'm glad Nathan still has another year and a half.