Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DECADE PARTY

IT WAS LIKE TOTALLY AWESOME!!

For Lauren's 10th birthday we decided to do a decade party since she had reached that mile marker of being a decade old. The girls were to dress reminiscent of their favorite decade(or their moms). It turned out that we had a few poodle skirts, some side ponytails, tye dye and even crimped hair. There was 50's music that we did "the twist" to, 70's disco to which I taught the girls the "lasso", 80's music, threw in some Madonna and at the request of the girls we watched the "Thriller" video and attempted the zombie dance. I did make them promise they wouldn't get all scared and have nightmares about it and I never got any mom complaints so I suppose they were OK. Lauren wanted pizza so we had CiCi's pizza and cinnamon rolls and I made brownie parfaits. I made a powerpoint of pictures from different decades like a pic of John Travolta from "Staying Alive", Nirvana looking all grunge, some people wearing poodle skirts etc. I have to say that most of the girls did pretty well deciphering the decades considering they weren't around when it happened.


Taylor lookin' bodacious or do I mean tubular?
Peace Lauren



All lookin' radical

Shelby shakin' it like a Polaroid camera!!
You want some fries with that shake?


At the car wash...whoa whoa



Make a wish!




The party goers
All the "Dancing queens"- it's dark but you'll get the point...

All in all I think all the girls had a good time and Lauren enjoyed her party!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great party idea and perfect for that age! Looks like alot of fun, but I'm wondering where is the video of you teaching the 'lasso?'

Doralee said...

You are so creative. What a great girl party. Tell Lauren Happy Birthday from Sister Gull. I'm so glad she had a fun time.

Kirsten said...

You are the coolest mom EVER!! Taylor had a blast. The girls looked great, and I loved Lauren's leggings.

Jennifer said...

That is the best idea for a party ever! I'm totally gonna steal that idea when my kids turn 10!

Jason & Claire said...

That is the coolest idea! They all look so cute. Happy birthday to her!