- not only sleeping in BUT lying in bed till you feel like rolling out OR until the guilt hits you of all the things you SHOULD be doing
- no worries of homework or projects...... just imagination
- feeling the heat of the sun burn and soak into your skin
- swimming til you can't swim anymore
- thunderstorms and a few cherished drops of rain
- blackmailing children into cleaning their rooms in exchange for trips to Target
- sunburned shoulders and peeling skin
- not cooking big meals because it's just too hot to eat too much
- staying awake as long as your eyelids will allow
- endless play dates and sleepovers at Grandma's
AND SPEAKING OF NO MORE SCHOOL-
the kids had their awards ceremony on the 8th of July and here are the results........
drum roll please
First up Lauren:
The first award she received was the Nevada Citizenship Award. To earn this you must memorize all the Nevada governors, physical and Native American map, the counties and their seat, state symbols, state song, preamble, Native American tribes that dwelt here, and the bordering states. Her reward for all this hard work was no homework for the last couple of weeks of school(or was that for me?) plus she received a certificate and medal.
She also received citizenship, A/B Honor Roll and Excellent Gladiator for exceeding the standards on the CRT state assessment. Way to go Lauren!!
Jace also reeled 'em in with A Honor Roll and citizenship. GO JACE!!
7 comments:
can you come over to my house and rub off some that ez'livin' yer talking about! i could use some. SERIOUSLY!
congrats to your smart little kids. that was a fun ceremony...wasn't it???????
GO LAUREN and JACE!!!! They must take after their Aunt Tiff!
Chandra you crack me up. I love your take on life. thanks for your list. loved it!
Hey Chandra that last comment was from me not Kerry. I'm on his user site.
Jodi
Bunch of smarty pants over there. haha. Way to go Lauren and Jace. When you guys get back, can jace and Lauren come and play with my bored kids? Please. have a fun trip.
It would be nice, but I am still doing the school thing. I can't for the new year when we move to the track 5 schedule. Have fun on the trip!
It's been great 'catching up with you.' I've been blog neglecting.
We've got lots of blackmailing going on at our house this summer as well - it's all I can do sometimes to keep the sanity.
Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun and I have two questions for you:
1. Could you please share your version of Cafe Rio's Pork Salad
2. I'm curious what your ending of The Proposal would be!
Post a Comment