Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Salt Lake- Take 3

The final installment(finally)...........

Day #4- Lagoon

Good 'ol Lagoon. Half the thrill is the skepticism you hold wondering if the ride is to be trusted. You know kinda like the reason most of us would never be crazy enough to brave one of those maniacal deathtraps atop the Stratosphere. It's not the ride, it's the trust issue, I mean Bob Stupak built the place! C'mon! I'm quite sure Lagoon maintains their rides very well, but sometimes you judge by the outward appearance of the ride- like peeling paint or rusty parts, I guess we did all survive, so I'll move on. It was a pretty hot day by Utah standards but it wasn't overly crowded. I think we rode just about every ride we wanted to and a few we wish we hadn't. There were a handful of hair raising, heart palpitating roller coasters that we went on, a few spinning rides that most of us went on and one utterly insane ride that only my mom and Lauren were brave enough to tackle.

Lauren on the old rickety roller coaster "Colossus"

The Spider
This ride was pretty fun!!



Lauren and Grandma ready for the Spider!



Jason and my dad got soaked in the rapids!




Grandma and Jace got soaked!

Lauren and I got sprinkled!


Takin' a ride to the other side of Lagoon!



Lauren and Jace waiting for "The Bat"
Turns out it was a 23 second kiddie coaster!

This is the crazy ride that only my mom and Lauren would attempt!

The crazy thing moved up and down while it was spinning around!


This is "Wicked"
The first time Jace opted out at the last minute so my dad sat out with him.
Later he changed his mind and they rode it............and loved it!
After "Wicked"



So a super fun day for all!! We drove back to the cabin that night and spent a night there, then drove home on Monday. It turned out to be quite the fun little summer vacation!!



























































No comments: