Morrissey concert:
This man has been part of my life for about 20 years. Some I know have outgrown him like the eight hole Doc Marten boot, but I have remained ever faithful to my first music obsession. On December 4th I was privileged to see him in concert once again. His voice filled The Joint at Hard Rock with both classic Smiths lyrics and new songs. I felt a bit slighted by the song choices (nothing from Bona Drag-really?) but I know that my favorites aren't every ones favorites. No encore...... I left with a feeling of wanting...... maybe that's what he wanted.
Morrissey today
Younger versionThese are the songs we heard:
The Loop
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
This Charming Man (The Smiths cover)
Let Me Kiss You
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
Black Cloud
Teenage Dad On His Estate
Cemetry Gates (The Smiths cover)
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Death At One's Elbow (The Smiths cover)
Ask (The Smiths cover)
When Last I Spoke To Carol
Is It Really So Strange? (The Smiths cover)
Ganglord
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
How Soon Is Now? (The Smiths cover) Source: setlist.fm
pic I took at the concertThen there was Thanksgiving:
which technically took place before the concert but who's counting.....
First there was dinner with Jason's family. Aunt Minty serving up pie and ice cream.

The boys- Jace, Sam, Cole and Reece
After one turkey dinner we had the pleasure of another turkey dinner. This time it was at my parents.

After one turkey dinner we had the pleasure of another turkey dinner. This time it was at my parents.

Lauren gobblin' on the turkey leg!

This year we got chocolate on our table setting!

To say the least we were super stuffed that day. In fact that night I realized I didn't even have any pie!! After checking out the black Friday ads I decided that I would much rather be snug in my bed than out shopping at 3am, so I didn't go out this year. Maybe all that turkey just made me tired and unmotivated- who knows.
Just a little snippet of the Morrissey concert:
1 comment:
Great Thanksgiving and I can't believe you joked about Doc Marten's. I wear mine all the time;)
Post a Comment