Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DISNEYLAND 2009

A stroll down Main Street, going lightning speed through space, rafting down a raging river and being spooked at a haunted mansion. Seems all these things couldn't possibly happen in one location, but they do- it's called Disneyland. We went November 6 -11th and had a ton of fun!

Waiting in the never, never short line of Peter Pan



Christmas tree in California Adventure


Cousin Jake, Jace and Cousin Clark with Mr. Incredible
Jace and his pal Goofy
Jason and I in California Adventure
Jace in front of Main Street Station




They were filming for the Christmas Day special while we were there and we caught a glimpse of Ryan Seacrest


Also this gal is the voice of Princess Tiana in Princess and the Frog
Funny faces of Screamin'

Someone looks terrified!!


Lauren and Jake on Toy Story



Wait for it.......


The pirate ship was running so we took a ride on the River of America


Jace and I on the ferris wheel


Lauren and Jake on the ferris wheel(everyone else was CHICKEN!)


November 8th was my dad's birthday so we had dinner at Ariel's Grotto


Lots of good food!


Lauren with Cinderella


This is how we looked on the last night!!



On the way home we drove through downtown L.A.
This is the L.A. Times building- very nice!



We also stopped at Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House.
It was closed because it was Veteran's Day, but we walked around the outside.


I have to say that I think he's a bit overrated, this house did not impress me!


Since we rode with my parents we drove them by to see the Gamble House by Greene and Greene- now that's impressive!
And so ended our little California adventure. Disneyland never disappoints (if you know when to go) and we had fun with my parents and sister Steph and her family. The best part is that we got annual passes so now we can go anytime we want! YEAH!!








































































































3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Chandra! (I posted this in my blog comments, but wanted to post it here for you too)
I made my 2007 blog book through Blurb. I would recommend watching the 30 minute video they have on their website that walks you through everything, but it is really easy. It "slurps" your blog up and then can automatically spit it out in a book or you can design each page yourself. I chose the latter as I wanted the pictures to be the focal point of each page instead of the journaling. I'm really happy with the results of it, so I'm hoping to make the other ones soon too. Good luck with yours- I'd love to see them sometime =).

I wish we lived close to Disneyland- I love that place. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Angie said...

did you go on the Gamble house tour this time? Any houses for sale in our future neighborhood?

Jason & Claire said...

I miss Disneyland. You guys always do the most fun stuff;)