Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is it Christmas Yet??

Everyone knows that Christmas really isn't just on one day, it lasts all month long. The Saturday before Christmas we had a family dinner and went to all my sisters' houses. At each house we had something to eat then my mom told a story and gave the grandkids a little gift.



Grandma with the kids



Lauren and Maddy with their Christmas Blankets from Grandma and Grandpa sipping on some hot chocolate




Jace and Clark



Aunt Karessa and Lauren



All the grandkids at Karessa's house where G & G gave them their ornament
The next day, which was Sunday, my parents cooked the big Christmas dinner. This year our main course consisted of Turducken, mashed potatoes, yam souffle, corn, rolls and some other goods. What? What's a Turducken? Well my mom ordered this meat that is a chicken inside of a duck that's inside of a turkey. I know, weird huh. Anyway, if I hadn't been the wiser I would have just assumed it was all turkey. Dinner was good, albeit a little loud with the kids and toddlers, but what can you expect with 13 grandkids.
Lauren and her cousin Jaxon


Grandma and Koben


Ready for dinner

Don't forget dessert!



The grandkids performed the nativity
The Wednesday before Christmas we met up with Jason's side of the family for some bowling followed by dinner and a fabulous game of White Elephant...






3 comments:

Gary and Michelle said...

I've seen Paula Deen cook a turducken. It looked really interesting. How fun that your mom mixes old traditional favorites with fun new dishes.

Steph said...

We always have such a great Christmas, eh? love ya

Jason & Claire said...

You're making me hungry with all that food...and it's 7:30 am!

My nephew's name is Koben. I've never met another one;)