Friday, April 9, 2010. Wanted to see Neon Trees and 30 Seconds to Mars but the days had waned on with no luck of winning tickets. Three hours before the show was set to begin Jason and I decided that we would highly regret it if this opportunity drove on by. So I called the box office, got ready and we picked up our tickets at will call (no fees that way!). To our pleasant surprise our stubs led us straight to 3rd row center. The Pearl was quite full so our only contrived explanation to our premium seating was that the seats must have been on hold and released last minute.

The Neon Trees opened first. I learned of them from a friend and became an immediate fan. The best part is they're a bunch of Mormons from Provo! After they performed I caught up with them in the lobby and got a few photos and had them sign the CD Jason had bought.
Elaine (drummer), Chris (guitar), me and Branden (bass)
Neon Trees on stageNext up was 30 Seconds to Mars. All you ladies out there who are my age I'm sure you remember a show called "My So Called Life." Everyone was in love with "Jordan Catalano"- his real name is Jared Leto and he is the singer of 30 Seconds to Mars. Now you know and knowing, my friend, is half the battle......
Jared sporting a pink mohawk
The place went dark and some random drum soloist came out on stage. Just when I was about to open my mouth to complain, Jason nudged me and pointed to our aisle. It was dark but I could tell something was going on. Just then a spotlight shown down upon a pink mohawk. Yes it was Jared Leto less than FIVE feet away from where we were sitting. It was a highlight for sure!
He talked and sang there for about 10 minutes then took off running through the crowd and jumped down to the floor area to make his way back on stage.Saturday, April 10 we had the distinct honor of attending the concert of Muse with Silversun Pickups as the opener. Thanks to persistence, these tickets were free, won from 107.5. I really enjoy both of these bands so I was really looking forward to this night. This concert was held in the arena at Mandalay Bay.

Jason and I waiting for the concert to begin....
Muse on stage

They had great effects during the show and put on an extraordinary concert. When a show is that great you can't help leaving an even bigger fan.Two great shows in two nights, it doesn't get much better than that! I have to add some footage of the concerts below. As usual the sound is crappy but I love the live action- almost like you were really there!! Well I was really there, but since you weren't, well I guess some of you might have been- just check it out.....
Neon Trees.....
Some Muse......
*disclaimer: blogger pretty much sucks at uploading videos so I only got these 2 up. Anything longer tha 40 seconds it just can't handle it! Step it up Blogger!!

4 comments:
you are quite the little rockstar aintcha!!!!!
having a little concert envy! muse is one of my favorite bands - lucky girl!
Wow, Jared Leto!!! CAn i say he is still a hottie? Glad you had fun. love ya
Whoever that friend is that introduced you to Neon Trees must be a really, REALLY good friend. I mean, that is a priceless gift fo shizzle.
Post a Comment