Sunday, February 27, 2011

a new year, love day and stuff inbetween....

New Years Eve:
Not much excitement involved in the welcoming of 2011 at our house. Jason had to chaperone the youth New Years dance that our stake hosted this year. I joined him down there for a few hours, then came home to ring in the new year with Lauren and Jace. We had party favors, poppers and sparkling cider to ring in the new year!!

Jace and I ready to celebrate!

the party popper.....


finally got a good pic of the popper!!


POP!! Lauren insisted we block her out of this pic!
  NERD DAY at SCHOOL:
Lauren pulled off the super-nerd look for school today...... wonder if anyone noticed a difference???
Just kidding Lauren!!!!!!

MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY aka NO SCHOOL!!:

What do you do on a warm January day and no school? How about a bike ride.....
My mom, two sisters and the cousins joined up for a bike ride which included a stop for lunch and time to play at the park.


Hannah,Lauren, Ava and Maddy on the tire swing


Here comes Jace!



Lauren, Hannah, Koben and Maddy

 there was only one small accident on the bike ride and of course the victim was me! Just as we were heading out of Tiff's house, Jace rode his bike right into mine. He kept riding, unharmed and in denial of his actions that lead to my falling flat on my hands and stomach to the blackened pavement.... in slow motion of course! Luckily I had my little jacket to protect my elbows and jeans that kept the road rash from infiltrating my knees. The embarrassment, however, could not be saved and I joined in laughing at myself along with everyone else. It has been a long time since I have taken a fall on my bike, so I guess I was about due. Other than that, we had a great time!!

WORLD MARKET:

My friend Dawn and I went to the World Market Center to check out the goods during market week. Just a few of my favorites....
Fabulous!! Just don't know where I would put it......

lots o' clocks...


Christopher Guy..... love this room! So Hollywood!

LOVE this chair....so lady like


I'll take two!
  BLACK KEYS:
You are probably expecting me to tell you how great this concert was..... only I can't. You see, I won these tickets on the radio, and not only was the concert on Sunday but we were going out of town that weekend. So while I wish I could have gone, I was also happy with the $110 I was able to sell them for.....

VALENTINES DAY:

Love is in the air!!!! Valentines Day is sweet but we don't usually make a big deal about it. This year I got the kids a little present and balloon, just because! That night Jason and I went to MRKT for dinner with our friends, the Pisciotta's. 

Lauren got a Hollister sweater


and Jace got some Lego minifigures!!

Jason and the kids got me my favorite flowers- tulips!!


1 comment:

Carol said...

love all that crazy furniture!!! but I think you could totally make the yellow couchy thing work in your living room.....a little pop of color you know. DO IT!