Thursday, June 14, 2012

ConGRADulations to me!!

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." 

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is official. I am a college graduate.
It took years.... and years...
but I did it!!

I officially graduated with High Honors and as a member of the Honor Society on May 21, 2012 from College of Southern Nevada with this degree:
AAS Degree in Architectural Design Technology
Interior Design

I initially decided that I would not walk at the graduation ceremony... but then Jason pointed out the fact that I earned it and that it would be good for the kids to SEE my accomplishment. Point taken.
Really glad I listened!


My family was there to cheer me on....


My parents came and supported me...


As well as my sister Tiffany and niece Ava....




After the ceremony we continued the celebration at Metro Pizza, where my sister Karessa and her kids joined us....
My parents gave me my very own personalized Mickey graduation ears.... 


There were definitely times that I wanted to quit, to be done with it, but I am grateful that I had the will to endure. My cumulative grade point average was 3.96 and I received an A in every class except for three; where I earned an A-. Not bad, especially considering there was math and science involved!
So now what???
I guess I will wait and see......


2 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Congrats!! I'm glad you walked. Jason's right about your kids seeing your example. Yay, Chandra!

Piouette said...

My hat is off to you. I don't know that I would have your determination and endurance... Well deserved congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!