Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Young at Heart

There are always two sides to every story and in this case I get to relate them both. So far I have been the patient, the main idea of this story if you will, but I could not have done it without my supporting characters. This segment of the story is about them....

While I was floating in outer darkness, oblivious to time, my family was waiting patiently in a room with fish. They survived the long day with an ipad and trips to the hospital cafeteria. As bored as they might have been, they stuck it out for me. I needed them there.


They spent their days strolling through the hospital, the kids especially enjoyed the children's wing. They had a little library there with a mini door for smaller visitors and a little Route 66 diner that I hear had soft serve ice cream. The cafeteria was a popular spot for them as well, especially the times they got ice cream!



One afternoon while Jason was tending to my every beckon call, my parents took the kids to Colossal Caves. They claimed it was pretty cool so I will just have to take their word for it.




My parents and the kids left me Sunday night and flew home to Vegas. I missed them, but I wasn't exactly the life of the party and I could not expect them to hang around the boring hospital forever. Lauren and Jace stayed with my parents until we flew home that Friday night. Besides Lauren losing her big toenail in a tragic bedroom door accident involving her cousin Hannah, all was well. They enjoyed swimming and playing with cousins all week- I am quite sure they did not miss Jason and I too much!

1 comment:

Jen Reil said...

So great to have family support! Sorry about Lauren's toenail =).