Kids,
When you are in the midst of adulthood, finally realizing how amazing I am for having summed up your well rounded childhood with the pictures and words of this blog. When you are reliving the moments as you browse through the shiny pages of the blog book , the past rushing back to you, the laughter, the heartache, the style trends, and family time; you might notice one glaringly odd similarity standing out year after year. It's Easter. As I prepare to amaze with this post, I can not help but feel like it's a rerun. Easter weekend is on auto-pilot, the only thing that changes is our age and our outfit. So if you have read the past Easter posts, you know what to expect here. So enjoy!
Love,
Mom
Saturday. The festivities begin in the Judd's backyard. After lunch it is game time. The highlight is dodgeball, you know that game where you throw the ball and try to hit someone on the opposing team. I join in, after all nobody likes a poor sport, only my reign is short lived. Jace and I, technically enemies since he is on the boy team, run to the middle to try and grab the ball first. Only Jace doesn't grab the ball, he kicks it- straight into my head. I'm out. I could challenge the call but I want to be out. Good riddens dodgeball. Don't worry, I wasn't hurt, the ball was one of those big, colorful, bouncy balls you find at the end of the aisle at Target. The moral of the story belongs to Jace, you don't kick in dodgeball, duh!
The day carried on and soon it was time for the Easter Bunny to set out goodies for the hunt. The kids were locked inside until everything was placed around the backyard. Then in age sequence they flowed from the back door to hunt for their treasures. There was candy, toys, plastic eggs, water squirters and more. After pictures with the Easter Bunny the water fight ensued. The rest is history.
![]() |
| Lauren brought along her friend Shelby to meet the Easter Bunny |
![]() |
| Jace and Jaxon refilling their liquid ammo |
![]() |
| DC, Clark, Jace and Jaxon |
Easter morning was laid back. The kids searched the backyard to find the goodies left behind by the Easter Bunny. Everyone was happy and breakfast was eaten. Then we got ready and went to church where we were reminded why we celebrate this wonderful holiday.
![]() |
| Jace got new socks that stand alone |
![]() |
| New church outfits |
That evening we enjoyed a delicious ham and turkey dinner at my parents house. Everything was lovely and we had a great evening together...
And see, I was right about Easter. It is the same every year, but that is because it is perfect!!
I wouldn't change a thing!















No comments:
Post a Comment