Monday, June 10, 2013

Eventful....

March 8, 2013

I came across this band "A Silent Film" a year or so ago and instantly loved them. I loved them even before I knew they were British. It just so happens they made a stop here in Vegas and tickets were a bargain at $15. There was no way I was not going. 
So I went.
The crowd (well really there was no "crowd" but rather a group of fans) was sparse. The bands paid no mind to the quantity of their fans and still delivered a concert of quality.... and I didn't have to elbow any fellow fans to get myself a nice cozy spot right up front. 
It was a great night out and as a bonus I was introduced to the music of the headlining band "Gold Fields."  They have a few catchy songs that I now adore.



This bit of grainy photography is Robert, the singer of A Silent Film, and myself.
Not the best picture but it's all I got from the photographic talents of J Robb.... and believe me I was lucky to get this!!



Hopefully I didn't come across as the old weird lady when I  gathered up the autographs of the fine lads in the band.... 


March 16, 2012

 I'm a Cub Scout leader, you can call me Akela if you'd like.
Cub Scouts are not known for their ability to sit still for long periods of time.... so in an effort to expend some of the boundless energy they have, we held our March pack meeting at Redrock. First we provided service to beautify those lovely red rocks. The scouts scoured the picnic area with garbage seeking vice grips.They picked through bushes and thorns to retrieve last season's snot rag and the crinkled Subway wrapper the wind blew from a past visitors picnic table....

After a successful round of garbage picking it was time for their reward. Kicking up dirt and climbing on rocks while hiking to a trickle of a waterfall made them happier than larks. Of course there was also a treat at the end to solidify that their adventure was worthwhile.

 



Monster Jam!!!!
Pure white trash madness! Monster trucks dressed up like Halloween, each trying to out shine the other with crazy jumps and flips. Scooby Doo vs. Captain America, watch out for El Toro Loco, and the inevitable crash or roll over. Definitely a rigged competition, but hey, it was loads of excitement. Even Lauren, the skeptic, admitted that she wants to go again next year.


 
 
 
 

 
 
THE END!!!

No comments: