Our community has yard sale days twice a year and these kids count the days until the next one comes along. They set up their little snack stand and hope for the best. This past one Jace was also selling Boy Scout Camp Cards for $5. As noon was approaching a family pulled up to the yard sale (which we always have at my sister Tiffany's house) and gave the kids a $100 bill to buy out the rest of their inventory. He said he likes to help the kids out and liked that they were earning money for camp. To say they were thrilled would be an understatement. That is truly a generous man and it is something the kids will never forget!!
On May 20th Jason had a birthday. We celebrated with ice cream cake that day and that weekend he chose a french bakery/eatery for dinner. Totally exciting, I know!
On June 8th, Jace had his first official camp out as a 12 year old scout in Young Men's. There were piles of dirt and innumerable rocks scattered about, so I'm guessing he had fun...... Jason got to go along too....
If you peer into the corner of that overturned plastic trap you will see a heinous creature. My keen peripheral vision caught sight of this slinky monster on the bathroom floor as I tinkled. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then I saw it again. It was fast, I couldn't keep a visual track of this creepy crawly. My first instinct was to lift my feet and relish in the safety of the porcelain throne. But a wise voice in my head wondered, "Could an insect blessed with a plethora of tiny legs be able to scale the slippery white porcelain in a single bound?" I had to decide: high feet or high tail it out?? I decided to run for help. Barely escaping with my life, I was able to enlist the help of Jason and Jace. After some quick maneuvering and high pitched squealing (we won't divulge by whom) we managed to trap the darter under the plastic dome. Then Jason used an age old killing tool a.k.a. a shoe to squash this demon into an oblivion. I'm still not sure what kind of centipede this is, but I am pretty sure I didn't want it anywhere near me.
Fremont Street
Jason found a hole in the wall Thai restaurant down on Fremont and insisted that we try it. Good choice. It was delicious!! I never knew I even liked Thai food!! So if you want something different, want to step away from a chain restaurant you need to try it. Plus while you are down there you can check your weight at Heart Attack Grill and enjoy the people watching or make fun of the crazies, which ever you prefer to call it!








No comments:
Post a Comment