I was blind-sided by 40....it swooped in like a magpie, nearly knocking me off my feet
Inconceivable!!* That's how I feel about this weird turning forty nonsense. According to the stereotype I created in my head, I should very well be wearing elastic waisted pants, eating dinner at 4pm and complaining about my bad hip. Yet, surprisingly, I feel great. Really great, in fact. I think 40 is going to be OK after all!! (>stops frantically biting nails and realizes this with a grin)

March 12 was the big day and I woke up to find the yard "amply" decorated in an "uplifting" way. Evidently you need more "support" when 40 hits. Thanks to my mom and sisters for reminding me and the entire neighborhood of that!!
That afternoon my mom, sister Tiff, and I enjoyed lunch at BJ's Restaurant and I got a tasty Pizookie for my birthday dessert.
That night we had cake.
I put in a special request for a Baskin-Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream cake- Jason and the kids delivered. It was a good birthday!
My 40th fell on a Wednesday, sandwiched right in-between two awesome weekends. The weekend before it I was whisked off to Disneyland with my mom and sisters and then the weekend after Jason surprised me with a faux trip to Europe.
Backstory: Since I was about fifteen I have wanted to go to Europe; mainly England. Most of my music loves are from there and c'mon who doesn't adore a British accent. Plus I am amused by architecture and old, ornate buildings. I have claimed the past few years that I would get there before I turned forty (because, let's face it, after that I would be old and stuffy) Yet, here I sit in dusty old Vegas, dreaming of the day......
So my brilliant husband concocts a plan to sorta make my dreams come true and for that I love him even more! The first clue was driving up to the Paris hotel, where we got a great room with a view. After relaxing and getting ready we headed out to dinner. Not just any place though... we went all the way to pretend England to have fish and chips at the Crown & Anchor British Pub. After dinner we returned to Paris where we took a tour of the Eiffel Tower. Then we wandered the strip for a bit and got some ice cream at the Sugar Factory. The next morning we slept in, then went to Town Square for lunch and some shopping. It was a lovely get away, even if it wasn't the real thing it still meant a lot to me.
I really am blessed in my life and it seems the older I get, the more I truly realize it. Forty used to scare me but now that I have arrived I think I kind of like it.
*BTW did you say it like Vizzini from "Princess Bride" haha!



















1 comment:
Of course I said it like Vizzini, ha!
Post a Comment