




After the hike hunger set in so we broke out the picnic lunch we had packed. Of course there were too many bugs for the girls so the gobbled their lunch in the back of the car. The boys ran around collecting sticks and stabbing the trees- go figure.

Our next stop was Mammoth Caves. The boys ran on down- the girls were a little more hesitant but made it in. We journeyed deep enough to have to stay crouched over and when Jason turned off the flashlight it was pitch black. It was spooky but a great thrill for the kids. I took this picture in the pitch black and the other is the kids going down into the cave.


We made a pit stop at the Cedar Breaks outlook but didn't stay long because it was windy and cold(yes I said COLD). It's so beautiful you just can't drive by without taking a gander.


The final adventure was the park in Cedar where the kids were told they could dip their feet in the water for a few minutes while some of the guys went to get gas and a few supplies. Needless to say they were soaked in no time. To their defense the river is very slippery because of the slimy moss so after 1 or 2 fell down it was all over.


Saturday night we left the kids in the trusty hands of Tyler and went for a peaceful meal at Milt's Steakhouse just down the road(thanks Tyler). That night we played Scum and who went to bed as King? Yeah it was me!! Sunday we lounged around, cleaned up, played outside, collected bugs, had rides in the go cart and enjoyed our time as friends. After a lunch of Del Taco we loaded our cars and hesitantly headed back to the dreaded heat of home. Thank-you to Donald, Angie, Duff, Leslie, Suzie and all the kiddies for joining us for a great weekend!!

5 comments:
Looks like a blast. --Andrew
Fun Weekend! Cedar Mtn is awesome. Its nice to be up there in the summer. And it looks like you guys had a good time!
Chandra, I am so bummed that I didn't get to go. When Suzie told me you went I was so sad. Kevin never told me that you sent an email. He just told you guys he would be in Egypt and never asked if I wanted to go even if he was gone. I totally would have come to hang out for the weekend if he would have told me. Next summer ok?
I'm glad you got it in before school started. Looks like fun.
Now this looks like a fun trip! I'm countin down the days until Disneyland in late September!
I love the comments you leave me Chandra - keep 'em comin! I laugh out loud at them. I just saw the one you left on Carla's blog - I choked on my mouth full of water while I was reading it. Loved it! Again, thanks for saying what I'm thinking.
And yes - I LOVE my 6 hours of peace on Friday! (My day off.)
Post a Comment