Sunday, November 2, 2008

DISNEYLAND

Some fun pictures of our Disneyland trip.......









Or trip began as we headed out of this dust bowl Wednesday(Oct.22). As we drove I knew I had to be forgetting something(because I always do) and somewhere between the worlds largest thermometer in Baker and Peggy Sue's Diner it hit me- I forgot my flat iron. Now if you know my hair you now that it's a NECESSITY not an option. Well Thursday morning as I'm getting ready and wondering what to do it hits me- why not just use the iron? So Jason helped me out and ironed my hair straight on the ironing board. What a great husband! With that problem solved we headed to Disneyland for a magical day. The crowds were thin and we rode everything we wanted to and more. We decided to eat dinner at the hotel that night and that was a mistake. We were at the Hilton(which I got for $50 a night) and the dining area looked nice and the food was good just tiny portions and big price. Lesson learned. The bigger problem was that Jason left the backpack at the restaurant and didn't realize until Friday as we were heading out. So we asked around nobody had seen it. Luckily we were only out our sunglasses, some treats and bottled water- but that meant we didn't have a way to carry our stuff around Disneyland. Being the troopers that we are we made it through w/o those extra things. Friday we spent most of the day at California Adventure. It's great to be at the point where we can ALL ride EVERYTHING together. No baby passes, no waiting out. Even better is the fact that Lauren and Jace aren't scaredy cats so we went on Screamin', Tower of Terror, Space Mountain and their favorite Thunder Mountain Railroad at night. Saturday we drove down to Newport and Balboa beach. We looked for shells, walked the piers and ate lunch at BJ's on Balboa beach. Saturday night it was back to Disneyland for some more fun. Sunday we hit both parks again before returning home and back to reality. As usual we had a great trip with a lot of ups and because we're human a few downs. BONUS: As I was checking out on Sunday the lady who I'd asked about the backpack saw me and told me someone had found it, so we got it back afterall!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Why didn't you just buy a new flatiron? That's what Ryan Seacrest would do... Sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. We love Disneyland. --Andrew

Jason & Claire said...

I love disneyland. Looks like so much fun. It's great that the kids are big enough to go on all the good rides.

OK, you used the iron? That's creative. Your hair actually looks really cute.

Heather said...

Love all the pics. Especially the one of you guys on Tower of Terror. I'm too chicken, I wouldn't go on that.

Brad and Leslie said...

OK - this really makes me want to go back to D-land. But I don't get the Ryan Seacrest comment...and I that far out of the loop?

Gary and Michelle said...

Hey, I think the wedding comment is taking things a little too far. I'm not thinking about that for a long time. Baby steps, YW is hard enough.

Your trip looks great and makes us jealous. Glad you had fun!

Carol said...

i love disneyland. such a fun trip.

love the iron...that's what us girls did in highschool to flatten our hair. honestly, i don't know if flat irons had been invented yet! it WAS a LONG time ago!