Monday, November 24, 2008

TWILIGHT

This lovely photo was taken at around 3am Friday morning.......So yes that means I was one of the lunatics waiting in a sold out line to see a "teen" movie. The best part of the night wasn't finally getting to see Edward's skin shimmer in the sunlight or even the first kiss Bella and Edward shared. It was, however, the fact that some moms got together and shared some conversation, food and a good time. You can really start to get to know someone a little better as midnight rolls around. As for the movie, well I enjoyed it but as you all know the book is always better than the movie and that probably stems from the fact that our minds imagine things in the book the way we want them to be, and honestly, who can compete with that. Extra bonus for us occurred when we arrived in line at 10pm to find it really looooong, kinda bummed out and worried if we would be able to even sit together we asked a worker about where we stood. She informed us that she had just seated an unadvertised 12:30am showing and only about 15 people were in the theatre. So we happily exchanged our 12:10 tickets and ended up with great seats in an uncrowded theatre. SCORE!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

That was a fun night! We should definitely sneak out and go see more movies in the middle of the night!

Heidi said...

I've heard that the movie was a disappointment to many of the loyal book fans but that's usually the case. Glad you had fun though. I see Kim Mackay in that picture - she's in my ward.

Heather said...

Good for you, sticking it out till the late showing. I thought the movie was good...because it was nice to put faces w/ the names. I just finished the second book & I'm on to the thrid. I'm completely addicted I tell ya!!

Brad and Leslie said...

I can't wait to see this movie!

Brad and Leslie said...

I finally saw this movie and I really like it! Some parts were a little cheezy, but I thought they did a really good job on it.