Friday, March 13, 2009

March Madness

Aren't these the cutest balloons you ever did see?! Dinner at T.G.I Fridays turned from ordinary to extraordinary with the addition of Alien and Tinkerbell. Of course they only lasted a day but really who needs them to stick around much longer than that?


Alright, before you judge, let me explain. I did not gamble my life away to win this, all I did was swipe. That's right- a little flip of the wrist to swipe my card and BAM! just like that I'm a big winner. O.K. so it wasn't quite that simple but really I just earned entries by swiping my boarding pass and the next thing you know it's my number on the screen and I'm $500 bucks richer. To top it all off, I'm also entered to win the Million in March- So everyone keep your fingers crossed!!

I was talking with Lauren last night about school and her teacher and so forth when it came up about her teacher being a little strict(which I like). Lauren says"She just expects everyone to be perfect....... you know mom, maybe she should just listen to Hannah Montana once in a while, (singing) Nobody's perfect." That is very true Lauren!
Well the dreaded day has come and gone, the fruit has ripened and is ready to fall from the tree, I have reached the peak of that tall mountain and there's nowhere else to go but down, maybe if I'm quiet they'll let me stay up here and enjoy the scenery for a while. The truth of the matter is that yesterday March 12, 2009 I officially turned 35. O.K. it's out there now, there's no use in trying to pretend. No numbers up til now have even put up cause for contempt. Where were the warnings from those who have gone before me? It's a horrible fact to face, but I'll do it with a strong sense of pushing forward in this game called life. It seems surreal, but the logic holds true. This is me and honestly I hear 40 is the new 30 so I'm on my way!!
To celebrate this birthday of mine Jason invited my parents out and we stuffed ourselves at the steak and shrimp buffet!!!





6 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Happy birthday!

Can I borrow some money?

Gary and Michelle said...

Lucky! Hope you had a great birthday.

Jennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Jason & Claire said...

Sweet win! Happy birthday, fellow March baby.

Heidi said...

I am so judging you right now. Geez. Just kidding. So, should Heidi and I buy the house right next door to you?????????? I'm thinking about it.

Heather said...

We were at TGI Fridays the other night and we didn't let the boys get the balloons. Too bad, those are cute.
And good luck w/ the Million in March, since the HGTV dream home didn't work out, right:)