Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I'm nOT cRAzy!!!
While suffering with a cold last week, I found myself not sleeping as deep as usual. So early Wednesday morning I was startled awake by a loud crashing noise. Now I'm not one to get out of my cozy warm bed for just anything, but I decided I had better take a gander to make sure someone wasn't breaking in or something. I wandered around and peered out of a few windows and even got brave and looked downstairs. The coast was clear, the sun was up, and everything outside and in was secure. I headed back to the comfort of my bed for another hour or two. Thursday morning rolls around and the same thing. Only this time I think I hear knocking at the door. Up I jump and look out the window..... nobody's there. I thought for a moment and maybe it was just a side effect of the Nyquil and back to bed I went. Meanwhile everyday I was telling Jason about my crazy morning...and he was beginning to think I was crazy. Friday morning, I am not awakened by a noise, however I am awakened by a clogged nostril and while I laid there trying to fall back into dreamland I feel the house shaking. Jason comes home from work that afternoon and I proceed to relay the news that I could swear I felt an earthquake and had he heard anything about one occurring here. That was it he said I must be taken to the loony bin because there was no chance there was an earthquake. Well later that night the phone rings and Jason answers it. It's my mom and she called to see if we felt the earthquake that had occurred that morning out by us that she heard about on the news. Yes, that's right I'M NOT CRAZY!!!!!! Now the other two days I can't excuse, but at least I can say I know an earthquake when I feel one!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
well...crazy IS questionable.....BUT i felt the earthquake too! It was subtle but there was some shakin' bakin'!
I felt it too but I still want to know what those other noises were. That happened to me at night for a week. Someone would knock at 9 every night. No bell, just quiet knocking. It was scaring me when we finally realized it was Elders needing a ride and not wanting to disturb us!
Aren't we all a little crazy, though? I had no idea there was an earthquake! Do not tell TAylor! She has a serious phobia of natural disasters!!! I told her that we do not get earthquakes in Vegas...
Wow, I didn't feel anything last week, but if Andrew would have been here during the day I bet he would have. How crazy is that?
Um, she didn't hear it on the news, she heard it from me. thats mom for ya. glad to hear you havent had anymore crazy mornings.
Post a Comment