Easter brings a feeling of new beginning and a chance to start fresh. The air outside is warmer, flowers are blooming and the kids are playing outside. I love the pop of color after a dreary and desolate winter. Easter with our family begins the day before. With assignments in tow we all met in my sister Steph's backyard for some Easter fun. There were games, bbq, and an egg hunt. The missionaries even stopped by for some grub and in return gave a short lesson on Easter. My cousin Rachel, her man, and 2 kids also joined us from Pahrump.
Ava, Lauren and Maddy
Jace used a Target bag- he's too cool for a cute basket!
I'm pretty sure this is Kate. Isn't she cute!
The Easter Egg Zombie
Lauren enjoying her ice cream
Lauren & Maddy on the jumper
Easter morning:
I often brag about my kid's ability to sleep in. They certainly take after me- perhaps it's a learned trait. The only problem is these darn holidays when someone intrudes our home and leaves them gifts. They have the urge to then wake up early just to behold what treasures have been left behind. Easter is one of those days- so 7:30 am we're up to enjoy our Easter morning. The Easter Bunny had left behind lots of yummy candy, a few little toys and new swimsuits. Then I went back to bed- after all church wasn't til 11- don't judge!
Lauren and some of her goods
Jace and his spoils
Jace looking handsome
(there were gnats so Lauren didn't want her pic-BooHoo!)
Later that day we journeyed to my parents house for Easter dinner. We enjoyed ham, turkey salad, mashed potatoes, rolls, well anyway -the works! We had a good night, played some games and ate some cake. Overall we had a great Easter. While we had a ton of fun we also took time to celebrate the true meaning of Easter and to be thankful for all the blessings we have.





2 comments:
Looks like a wonderful Easter - Easter Bunny was sure nice to your kids this year! I think I remember Andrew telling me stories of how Gary and Jason were always sad because Andrew would get Easter gifts every year? Maybe I'm remembering the story wrong.
Family makes the holidays awesome. It's funny that Jace won't use a basket. He's starting young!
Post a Comment