Friday, December 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. 
 ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy



Thanksgiving has always been about family gathering together to give thanks and share a grand meal.... and this year was no different. Meal #1 was with the Robb side of the family. Turkey, ham and all the fixins filled the counter and our bellies. The boys even enjoyed playing some catch....

Jace, Grandma Larrabee, Grandma & Grandpa Robb, Reese and Sam

Abby, Lauren, Mandy & Spencer


Minty, Jason & Micah

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.  ~W.T. Purkiser


Meal #2 was with the Nelson side of the family. Once again we stuffed ourselves with the traditional Thanksgiving feast and enjoyed being together as family.


Maddy & Lauren



Shenanigans


I am thankful for Thanksgiving because it forces me to ponder on why I am thankful and for what I am thankful for. It's amazing what I take for granted each day. I loved this little poster- it really helps to put things into perspective. All the wants and "think I needs" are embarrassing to me when I peek outside of my little bubble and into the vast world. There are so many with so little. I have a lot to be thankful for.



1 comment:

Heidi said...

I can't imagine having dinner with both families on the same day. Is that hard?