Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You Might Think I'm Crazy......

.... but I really do love him, now does that sound mad?

So imagine my delight when I learned he would again perform here in this dustbowl we call Las Vegas. This was my chance, I would fight for the pleasure to embrace, or likely, just brush fingertips with this man I have loved for so long. In the past we have opted for the comfort of an assigned seat, this venue however, was general admission only,which allowed me this maniacal opportunity.

 Apparently, when designing the Cosmopolitan hotel, the genius architect left out the drawings for the concert hall, because what I walked into was a ballroom with a temporary stage and some speakers hanging from the ceiling. Talk about a let down. Especially considering the mass of concerts I heard advertised that were being held at the Chelsea in the Cosmopolitan. So the venue sucked. Luckily we had the smarts to arrive a few hours early...even then there were about 100 people in front of us. When at last our bodies were packed in front of the stage, there were about four heads in front of me- none of which were very tall.
Preconcert photos...
Overall it turned out to be a so-so concert. Morrissey played a lot of his newer stuff, which I like but don't adore. The venue wasn't great. Worst of all: though I fought and literally crowd surfed my way over those four heads and the rail in front of the stage, my hand went home untouched and forlorn.
BUT...
don't get me wrong it was still awesome and I wouldn't have missed it! The man is a genius and I can't help but have an unconditional love for him. Thankfully Jason is a big fan too. I just hope that I will have another chance to see him again because Morrissey...
if it's the last thing I ever do
I'm going to get you!!

from our concert.....

No comments: