Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Yep, I'm Older

So I had another birthday.....
they are really starting to be cumbersome. 
Not that I mind the numbers steadily going up- it has to happen if you are alive- it's the gray hair (though the way it catches the light I prefer to call it silver) and slowing metabolism (I always bring along my spare tire-just being prepared)  that comes into play as those numbers expand that rattles the nerves.
                                  ------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and it was March 12th so I figured I might as well celebrate. After all it is the one day you are allowed to be selfish and do whatever you want. First my mom and sister took me to lunch at BJ's Brewhouse. As usual I ate to my capacity... and then found room for my birthday pizookie. There was a little shopping that followed lunch, after all we had to burn some calories. 




Next came birthday dinner....
Since my jeans were still too tight from my overfilling at lunch, I decided on some skinny fries for dinner. Since Freddy's has the skinniest fries around, that is where Jason, Lauren, and Jace took me. It  is also convenient that it is a stones throw from Freed's bakery, where I may or may not have gotten a buttercream cupcake with sprinkles....


and Jason got me this inspiring book..... now I really will know it all....


Now begins the countdown of my last year as a thirty- something...
strange how your outward appearance ages, but inside I still feel 22. Guess the big secret of life is simple- stay away from mirrors!!

1 comment:

Jen Reil said...

What a great birthday! I remember my mom telling me inside she still felt 25 and then would look in the mirror and see an old lady. Now I know what she meant. You gave the best advice- I'm staying away from mirrors from now on =).