March 12, 2015
Turning forty was surreal, like it couldn't possibly be occurring to me as a person, an aging human being. There was a lot of celebrating to cover up the fact that it was a really strange age to be. A year has since passed and forty one arrived with no invitation, it knew it was now welcome. I have come to embrace the numbers I thought were ancient and I'm buckled in for the long haul. Luckily wisdom, hindsight, and vintage suitcases stuffed with memories are loaded in because those are what seem to make this all worthwhile. To celebrate Jason and the kids took me to dinner downtown at Le Thai and of course my Winchell's signature donut for dessert.
March 14, 2015
That Saturday, Jason and I went out to Primm to be spectators at the famous Mint 400 off road race. It was a great afternoon off road vehicle watching plus Jason had to check out his competition in the VW Bug Class 11 division. Good times!
1 comment:
What a fun birthday! Winchell's doughnuts are my absolute favorite. I thought they were a thing of the past. Please tell me where they are still located, because next time I'm in Vegas I have to go!!
Post a Comment