Friday, April 25, 2008
GUY STUFF
Before Jason tells his version I'd like to defend myself. Jace started baseball this season and one of the requirements was to get a "cup" for protection. So off I go to Big 5 bought a small and called it good. The day of Jace's 1st game I had to run Lauren to her singing class so Jason was getting him ready and I get a call from him asking where the "cup" was and I said right on the counter and he proceeds to "let me know" that it was not a cup but a jock strap. O.K. in my defense did not grow up with any brothers nor did I date the captain of the baseball team so how am I supposed to know the difference when they're all in the same section and packaged up? It gets better though. Back to Big 5 I go and they have one youth small left and it looks like it's been opened but whatever I bought it. Two weeks later poor Jace just really looks uncomfortable wearing it and we figured out the wearing it with boxer briefs so it doesn't chafe but it still doesn't look right. I looked at the cup for some reason and it said Medium but the strap was a small- well that explains it -the box was open and it got switched up. Back to Big 5 I go to get the right one. As I'm going to exchange it I notice the cup I had was a Teen medium- so poor Jace had been wearing this Teen size cup in a small strap!! Anyway the exchange went smooth and he has a game tonight and I'm sure he'll do a lot better. The lesson learned is that guys need to take care of guy things and when Lauren needs her first bra I won't be sending Jason so why did I even attempt this!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man...Thomas would have SO been doing that errand!! Poor guy!!
Too Funny! I agree w/ you. David will be taking the boys to do that kind of stuff. I have no idea either.
Hey, I'm linking ya, so we can keep in touch...if thats o.k?
Hey I had no clue about that either! Thanks for the tip - I have 3 boys so I'll be sure to let Andrew handle all of that 'stuff!'
Sound very familiar to our first experience, and I had two brothers. It doesn't help. We have the Dad does boy things rule now. I messed up the cup and the bat and the bat bag also! I got the pants and the shirt right though.
Post a Comment