Monday, July 7, 2008

4th OF JULY WEEKEND








Why do 3 day weekends always fly by? It all started Thursday night when Lauren and I went to visit her friend Brooke who had moved to Utah but came down for the holiday. The kids swam and her mom Karen and I caught up with what's going on.
Friday seems like a blur, then Friday night we gathered up the goods and headed over to P.P.P. That would be the Pisciotta Party Palace where we swam the night away, barbecued some yummy carne asada, and finally lit off a mountain of fireworks. The kids had a great time and the adults seemed to enjoy themselves too. The kids thought they were hot stuff because they got to do some Roman Candles. Everyone survived and there were no trips to the emergency room. Success!!
Saturday we slept in and did some work in the backyard that is refusing to get done. Then we headed across town to my nephew Jake's baptism. After that we headed back home to swim and watch the UFC fight with some friends. I was pulling for Forrest and he won! Sunday we headed back across town for my twin Nieces baby blessing and their brother Jake's confirmation. The we basically hung out over there and had dinner at my parents, as usual.When we finally got home I checked to see if my final grade for my Communications class had been posted yet, and it was, I got a 94%. Yes that's an "A". Yea me!!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Loads 'o' fun! i guess when you have family that live here life can be quite busy. But when you don't (like us) you never have anything to do!

COngrats on the grade. Way to go!

Jason & Claire said...

What a great weekend. I love all of the family time on weekends like this. Yea for you on your grade!

Jamie G. said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Good job on your grade! Thomas is taking that class right now. Hopefully, he'll do as well as you!

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Chandra: South Weber is a lot like Pahrump where you used to go visit your mom's sister or whoever. My mind is a steel trap. I forget nothing. Cool pics from the 4th. I didn't know Don lived out by us. --Andrew

Brad and Leslie said...

Don't you love Forrest?! He and Rampage are both funny though. I can't wait until GSP's next fight - Matt Hughes is my all time fav UFC fighter, but GSP is right up there. :)