- Saturday- Had a lazy morning then headed over to my parents house for a swim party for Maddy and Trenton's birthday(cousins) and ended up hanging out until around 10pm.


- Sunday- Woke up late for church because Jason wasn't here to pry us out of bed. Had dinner at my sister Steph's house. My mom and niece Hannah followed us home and spent the night.
- Monday- My sister Tiff showed up bright and early(like 9) and my mom and her busted out cooking French Toast- Seriously the only time I cook breakfast is when we have it for dinner. We went shopping at Pottery Barn and Gap then headed back and swam for awhile after the kids got a haircut. Later that night we hit On the Border for dinner-Yum! although I do always stuff myself to the max there.
- Tuesday-Pretty low key and boring. I think the highlight was Panda Express for lunch followed by an exciting trip to the grocery store.
- Wednesday- Cleaned up the house a bit then the kids had some friends over to swim. KFC for dinner- haven't cooked a decent meal all week.
- Thursday- Now here's where it gets good! My mom and I decided we needed a bit of vacation while the guys were gone(my dad went with his ward to the same camp as Jason), so we booked a room at Mandalay Bay. We checked in around 2pm then headed straight for the pool. Now there wasn't just "a pool" but a whole water playground. We found ourselves a couple of lounge chairs in the sand and headed to the wave pool. For those of you who fancied themselves as cool back in the day and went to Wet N Wild, you know what I'm talking about. Jace was actually an inch too short to be allowed in the wave pool, but he still caught a few waves with us. There was also a lazy river that was nice to float around in- I think that was Jace's favorite part, another separate pool, and a shallow kiddie area that connected to the side of the wave pool so Jace would sit there and when the wave would come it would push him around. Our room was on the 34th floor and we could see down the strip. It was nicely decorated too, even had a flat screen in the bathroom. After swimming we had dinner at the Burger Bar that's located in the shops at Mandalay Place. It was really good but I felt a little "fried" after having eaten onion rings, fries, and zucchini sticks. Then we went next door and had a fabulous piece of chocolate cake from the Chocolate Swan(Ithink). Seeing as we ate too much we figured a nice stroll down the strip would be nice. We checked out the Bellagio fountains and some other sights. The walk didn't look as long as it was, but we managed to make it back to our room and fall asleep in our feather beds.








Friday-Had some breakfast/lunch and went back to the pool for a few hours. We changed and drove over to Town Square and did some shopping. Lauren got those sassy red glasses at H&M. I know it's always about the food, but we ate at California Pizza Kitchen and it was really tasty. Worn and ragged from two days of non-stop action we drug ourselves home. Thanks mom for having the idea and coming with us!!

Saturday Jason returned home and we were all happy to see him and talk about each other's adventures. The End(of a really long post)


7 comments:
I love Mandalay Bay and their pool. You guys always do neat stuff. Looks like fun.
Ummmmm... did you highlight you hair or is that just my imagination? Lookin' good!
Man, I need a job at Las Vegas Paving so I can afford to send my wife off on adventures like that! Sounds like fun. --Andrew
Wow! What a fun week! I hope my girls don't read that, they'll think I'm a totally lame mom.
I had a season pass to Wet n Wild every summer growing up! Those were the days when your mom could just drop you off when your were like 8 or 9.
I love the Town Square mall! I am so excited that we finally have H&M in Vegas!!! Love that store.
How fun! I love your Mom. Don't you love the Mandalay Bay? We stayed there once in a room facing the Strip and we loved it, but it was in the winter time so we didn't even see the pool. Now that looked like a blast. My kids would love it!
What a super fun week! Lucky:) I love the pools at Mandalay Bay. They are the best! I can't wait to go to H&M! Cut sun glasses.
you know...some people save and save and plan forever to have their dream Las Vegas vacation! and look at you, fly by the seat of yer pants kinda girl whippin' up a mini vacation in this tourist town. Way to go, super fun mom of the year...you!
Funnnn! I am jealous and I will not be telling my kids all the fun things you did while Jason was gone, they would be so jealous that they only went to the movies while Donald was gone.
Post a Comment