Wednesday, July 16, 2008

ACTING OUT




I have to say that sometimes my kids surprise me with what they accomplish. Lauren got a great teacher this year, he focused a lot on manners, respecting others, complementing your peers, being leaders, and working together. They also did mini plays in the class, which helped Lauren a lot to get over her shyness. Over the course of the year they worked to write a play focused around the time of the Revolutionary War. They had to try out for parts and everything. Yesterday all of their work paid off when they finally got to perform it. They performed twice for the school then had parent night last night. They all did a fantastic job, but I want to take a moment to gloat on Lauren. I knew she could memorize her part, but how well could she perform it- especially in front of PEOPLE. She was AWESOME, her personality came through and she was really into her character which was General William Howe, a British General who was quite vain. She even had the snobby accent down. I wish I could post the video, but my skills haven't evolved that far yet. I will however post some photos. Great job to everyone and especially Mr. Friedrich for being a teacher willing to go the extra mile.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so glad Lauren and Shelby had Mr. Friedrich this year. I think it will a year they will always remember. Lauren was the bomb! I thought she played her part perfect. She was so funny and where did the accent come from? tell her what a great job she did. Thanks for fixing Shelby's hair and sharing the tights.

Jamie G. said...

Those costumes are awesome! I totally remember how shy she was. That's great that she was able to come out of her shell. The hair is pretty awesome too!

Anamarie said...

Hi Chandra. This is Anamarie (Olenslager) Fagg. Saw you from my sister-n-law's blog (Jamie Garyson). You have such a cute family, and I didn't realize how long it's been since I have seen you or your family. You guys look fabulous.

Kirsten said...

Those kids worked so hard! I was so proud of them. Lauren was awesome! I'm glad she and Taylor will be in the same class next year.

Jason & Claire said...

That is so neat! You must be really proud of her. I love moments like that when hard work pays off. She looks adorable in her costume.

PS- Your husband now officially thinks I'm an idiot. I started crying today when Caleb left for scout camp. I'm a dork!