Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HAIR TODAY-GONE TOMORROW


It seems Lauren has always had long hair. By the time she was 2 she was sporting pigtails. She's been asking to cut it for awhile and I just couldn't give in.

We went for a haircut on Monday, at that time I wasn't sure how Lauren would look when she was finished. Would I give in to the pleads, or stand my ground? Well as you can see she is winning.....

WAIT! STOP! Too late it's done....

11 inches later... Lauren looks great! Freedom to swim w/o tangles, hold a curl, new hairdo's to discover.

Hopefully we'll get this sent off to Locks of Love, although Lauren is having some separation anxiety. She didn't want it attached, but she's still attached to it.

10 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Wow! She looks beautiful and so grown up!

Jamie G. said...

So cool! Marina's hair is about that long and she keeps asking me to cut it and I just can't. I think I'll wait a bit longer, then we can donate to locks of love too!

She is so grown up!

Steph said...

she does look more grown up. then again there could be pros and cons to that. your baby is growing up..

Heather said...

I knew something was different when she came to Lauren's party. I just couldn't put my finger on it. She looks so spunky.

Jodi said...

She's been blessed with gorgeous hair long or short. I was wondering if you'd donate it. She can share her beautiful hair with someone else.

Jason & Claire said...

She has A LOT of hair. It's beautiful long and short. If someone does get that hair they are very lucky.

Linde said...

I know how she feels. She looks darling! Tell her Kyron is in town. He will be at church tomorrow with the Abbotts:)

Carol said...

wow...i didn't realize her hair was that long. it looks super cute short now. fun little change for her.

Heidi said...

Wow that was some long hair! She looks so cute though with the new cut!

Jess said...

We were sitting behind you in church yesterday and I thought it looked shorter. Her hair is so beautiful both ways. I wish I had her hair. :)