



Now on to a last. El Burrito closed it's doors on Tuesday. What the heck is El Burrito you ask? Well let me tell you a little history. It originally opened in 1969 in a little hole in the wall on Fremont street. I remember going there with my mom and my Grandma Dottie as a little girl and not really liking it too much. It was so dark inside because you walked down into it like a basement and I don't remember it having any windows. When that one shut down in the mid 80's they reopened on Decatur by the 95. Anyway what makes El Burrito so important is not the food but the memories. It's where we spent a lot of time with my Grandma Dottie before she passed away, it's where she usually wanted to go for lunch to get the chili relleno lunch special. Our aunt Pam used to come in from Pahrump and we'd meet her there for lunch too. When we went for the last time on Monday we were joking that they were both probably turning over in their grave knowing El Burrito is no more. Jason had the pleasure of joining us there for lunch one day and he didn't like it too much. I think for us the food is good because we've always eaten there and the company has always trumped the food. It was definitely a tradition for us to spend time with my mom's side of the family at El Burrito and for those memories I will grieve a little to know that "our" El Burrito is no more.




8 comments:
Did you see Duff there?
HEy where are you taking classes at? I had a group of UNLV girls come in to my office today to look at cabinets and get wood samples because they are working on a project...they have to design a kitchen. They had also just went to Walker Zanger...maybe some of your classmates.
That's so cool that you're pursuing interior design, I'd love to do that too someday! I'm sorry about El Burrito for you, that's neat that you had a fun family hang out though and such great memories.
K~I want you come design & decorate my house. Great Taste!
Glad to know someone else has a hard time designing a bathroom around a boy and girl - I agree with your pick though, I like it! All the accessories in their bathroom now are just white - maybe it's time for a redo!!
Glad to see Andrew's name made it on the friends list, put would you mind fixing the spelling of Heidi?
Now you're just getting picky!!
j/j no problemo
Chandra, I dont think that we have a catalog persay, but I will look. I did take two boxes of wood samples to the church and put them behind the shed for the scouts to burn on their next overnighter. IF you want them go get them.
Post a Comment