Wednesday, May 28, 2008

COLD MOUNTAIN







Good 'ol Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer to take a long weekend to enjoy the warming trend in the weather. That is unless your plans involve heading to Cedar City for a stay at the cabin.32 degrees Friday night when we pulled in- that is FREEZING!! All was not lost though,we cranked the heater and pulled out our jackets. Saturday we went to town and ate lunch and made a visit to the graves of some of our family, followed by a stop at the movie theatre where we watched Indiana Jones for $5. The movie was great, another classic for sure. We had Wingers for dinner, not that we were even hungry after the popcorn, but that's what you do on vacation- right? Sunday we had breakfast at the Parowan Cafe and drove up over the mountain where we found Brianhead full of snow. These snowy pics were taken at Cedar Breaks- FREEZING COLD!! We hung out at the cabin and Lauren and Jace played with the dog from down the road that they named "Ray" and Lauren found a bird skeleton that was later crushed by one of them.I found some of those plastic ballon things we had when I was little that you would squeeze out of the tube and put it on the end of the straw and blow it up. The kids loved it- some things just never go out of style. We played some Scum with my parents who also came up and Jason got all angry saying we were changing the rules and it turns out he was right, but it was funny anyway. We ended our weekend Monday night at my parents with a pool party and once again the cold creeped in and there was no way I was swimming. Most of the kids swam and shivered but enjoyed every minute. We're back to our old routine now and thawing out as the weather is getting warmer.

9 comments:

VivaLasFloyds said...

Looks fun even though it's cold. Chuckie and I thought about you guys over the weekend wondering if you were freezing up there.

chris jenkins said...

hi chandra - i'm a friend of leslie stewart's - found you via carol who is a friend of some other ladies i know - small world really if you are pretty much a vegas native, right?

it does look cold. we have a cabin up at panguitch lake and we stayed home cuz it snowed up there. looks like you had fun despite the cold.

love your music selection. it's been forever in a day since i've listened to morrissey.

Brad and Leslie said...

Hi Chandra! I found you through Belinda. Your blog is really cute and so are your kids! I couldn't agree more with your comment on Belinda's blog - I am so happy with the two kids I have and I couldn't imagine doing diapers again! I always knew she would have at least 4-5 kids...any less just doesn't suit her. :) Leslie

Jodi said...

I've been catching up on your blog. I was prepared to have the kind of weather you had when we went up. I guess we were just low enough to escape it. Congrats on your class. I think your a natural at decorating. Your house is proof of it!

Jason & Claire said...

How fun. I love being snuggled up inside a cabin with snow outside. You look so cold in that picture. It sounds like the whole family had a great time. I used to love those straw/balloon things. I didn't think they still made them.

Growin' Like Weeds said...

Fun to catch up, we were in St. George that weekend, hoping to get a little sun, what was up with the weather. Congrat on your class!

Jess said...

Even though it was cold it still looked like so much fun. It is always great to get away and to be in a cabin is so fun.

Heidi said...

What fun you guys have! The weather was so cool and rainy here in town over Memorial Day - I loved it! We love going up to Cedar though, I'm sure it was freezing!

Angie said...

Still waiting for an invite to the cabin. :)