Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ODE TO MOM


Remember those lazy summer days when you made us clean the house everyday, suffering every moment to get those vacuum lines straight. Calling dad's beeper to let him know we might not be alive when he got home. Dodging glass Pepsi bottles... now those were the days!! Then there was going to Wet n Wild thinking we were cool because you let us go off on our own, going to feed the ducks at Lorenzi park(is that right?) though I swore they wanted to attack me more than eat the bread, getting dropped off at the mall with $20 that you cleaned houses to earn and so willingly gave up. We won't mention the Christmas tree incident. Through thick and thin we all have earned our memories of mom. Having two kids now I wonder how you did it with four rotten girls that fought a lot and once in awhile 2 would make peace or take sides. Luckily we have all these memories to keep us laughing- most of which we weren't laughing at the time- but it's funny how perspectives change and what we hated then, can appreciate now and teach our kids with what we've learned. THANKS MOM!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Don't forget letting your girls come to Andrew's little league baseball games! I knew I could always count on them for my fan section. --Andrew